Sunday, July 26, 2026

Is This Thing On?

 


Holy cow!

CQCQ

CQCQ

I'm such a dunce. I let my hosting fees expire several years back. Not on purpose, just not paying attention to the 30 or 40 email notices I got from GoDaddy. My domain was immediately snapped up by some douchebags somewhere and I have no idea how I would get it back or how much they're holding it hostage for. They eventually quit mailing me small pieces of my domain along with their demand letters.

Then today I finally started poking around and found how to just revert back to a blogspot domain, so I'm going to see if this works. 

I've been publishing over on Substack for a couple years with very limited success, and it just seems like I did a lot better here. For one thing I had a pretty good email list of people who were interested in what I had to write.

So what I'm considering doing is publishing on both platforms. I think Substack comes across as a little pushy or intrusive, or maybe people think they have to pay for a subscription or something. But I also discovered that everyone on Substack thinks they're a goddamn philosopher or something. I feel like the guy making fart jokes (and noises) in a business meeting. Also, the amount of AI bs infiltrating Substack is a little annoying. I get halfway into an article and realize it's starting to sound a bit generic.

Truth be told, I miss my old site, miss Blogger- I just want to be home again. I never meant to leave you. I just needed a break at the time from weekly posting.

So if you're getting this or seeing it please, Please, PLEASE drop a little comment, let me know you're there, and if you prefer seeing something here over Substack. If you're still on Blogger and want nothing to do with Substack I'll round up my better writing from there and publish it here as well.

I promise to amend my ways.

Sincerely,

Jason Tucker

Fontinalis Rising


No comments:

Post a Comment